Until recently, I was a happy subscriberRostelecom, had its honest 10 megabits on the dlink dsl-2500u gifted modem. While the subscribers of broadband operators suffered from theft of a whirlwind in the attic, I reveled in a stable connection (telephone noodles pass in the basement, sticking out and scourges cannot get in there). Then RT raised the speed to 20 megabits, the old dlink did not pull anymore. Of the local proposals zanidoraga and powerfully nothing. Having studied the Internet, I stopped at this instance.
What did the vodafone operator promise (for this operator huavei and created this thing) for $ 35.82 (at the time of purchase half a year ago):
- adsl2 + modem
- WIFI 802.11bgn router up to 300Mbps
- 4 (5) phy ports 100 Mbps
- 3 USB ports
- support for 3G modems
- usb print server
- media server (twonkymedia dlna)
- smb storage
- ftp storage
- voip for two analog phones
4 controlled two-color LEDs on the rear panel, 5 red LEDs on the front, 3 buttons
The settings did not take much time - it was required to specify the parameters of the provider and change the password to the waffle. The modem issued an honest 23Mbit uplink.
Then I wanted to use everythingdeclared functions, as a result of which the search and testing of firmware began. At first I stopped at B77, it had all the declared modules, but the wafer was unstable — the wafer block overheated very quickly and disconnected. Part of the problem was solved by gluing the radiator to the chip, but this is not an option.
As a result, firmware B83 was obtained, on which Ihas stopped. The USB screw with cartoons earned sparks, the media server created the library and stably distributed cartoons to the TV, the printer (samsung ml2160) quietly printed over the network, the Internet worked stably. In general, the piece of iron coped with its functions. Unless VOIP and iptv did not check for lack thereof. 3G is also not interested.
But the Chinese would not have been Chinese if they had not screwed up excellent gpl-solutions with their crooked thieving hands.
then went jambs, trash, fumes and dismembered,
faint-hearted and scorched humanities can not read
Firstly, these jades cut out all the locales from the coreexcept ascii, so that on usb-drives everything that was different from the English locale was displayed with symbols ????? .. Accordingly, in the media server instead of the file name there were one ??? .. I solved this problem by compiling the appropriate kernel module for utf locales. Now the contents of flash drives were displayed correctly. However, the Chinese are such Chinese, instead of digging in udev or another ready-made solution for automounting, they wrote their crutch-usbmount binar. This thing automatically mounts flash drives and starts a media server. However, it does not have any keys, so mounting still occurs without specifying the desired encoding. Here is such a 21st century and Unicode in all fields.
It upset me, I had to arm myself againgoogle, gut the stock sewing, saw through init scripts to add autostart locale module and throw out unnecessary functions like voip and other trash. I also picked up (or rather collected) a tool chain with a suitable uclibc and assembled my favorite minidlna.
And then RT killed me with a speed of up to 10Mbps, it became very sad. Luckily at the same time, the zhek sawed up new doors in the attic and I threw it to the broadband provider on the same 20Mbit + LAN.
For a sim modem, he successfully mutated into a regular wifi router running divine OpenWRT
The honey agar got up from half a kick - he has an excellent wiki, this modem is supported completely, with the exception of ADSL and VOIP (well, not necessary).
Installation is by downloading the firmware file and downloading it through the standard update mechanism from the webmord. And then, according to the wiki, the network and all the necessary functions are configured.
Further I publish some screenshots of the openwrt web muzzle:
WIFI in the 802.11n standard works as expected:
Of the indicators, I left only a morse code for uplink activity on the back wall, food and wifi activity on the front. I did not touch the buttons, the reset remained a reset, a reboot. WPS is not involved.
It is worth noting that after switching to the openess, the router remains cold, the functions are prohibitively expanded, the box turns into a miniserver.
Well, by tradition, giblets:
We open (one screw + latches):
Wires is my job, wart brought out:
Ceramic antenna + socket for external antenna + pins wart:
Power supply harness (12V 2A) + VOIP-gateway + second antenna socket:
General view of the board (gray daub is the remnants of thermal paste):
So it’s hanging from my ceiling during the repair:
Well, and for iron separately:
According to wiki and to the eyes we have:
Atheros AR9223 802.11bgn wafer module up to 300Mbps
Broadcom 6358 ADSL Brain
Prots Broadcom 4350 V1.0 @ 300 Mhz !!!! about two egg cores
Phy BCM5325E switch with hardware support for vlan
Zarlink VOIP Gateway Le88266DLC
!!!! 64M RAM
!!!! 16M flash + spi-interface divorced on the board (you can solder another flash)