I always wanted to have a device at home that wouldIt showed pressure, temperature, humidity at home and on the street, and also predicted the weather. Of course, you can also look at the phone, but I wanted it to be a separate device that shows not from somewhere, but here and now, and according to its sensors. Reviewing existing weather station models inCity stores and online stores in Russia, I did not find suitable for functionality, appearance and price. Searching on all express and ebee, I stopped at EXCELVAN stations. From the available assortment I chose the model under review. After re-reading the Internet, I did not find a detailed description or reviews on it, nor did negative reviews. Given that on the 11.11 share one of the sellers made a discount of $ 5 and it was the cheapest from him, I bought it. In a nutshell - I am satisfied with the station.
Currently, the seller of this station does not sell (for some reason, no one also has an all-express) a link to it was indicated by ebay.
Station characteristics declared by the seller (Google translation):
- Measurement and display of indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity with a trend, built-in Barometer with barometric pressure and history display.
- Temperature measurement range: 0 ~ 50 ° C (indoors), -20 ~ 60 ° C (external sensor).
- Discrete channel: 1/2/3, gives you the opportunity to interrogate 3 remote sensors by one meteorological station.
- Display the weather icon, altitude and barometric pressure. Five weather icons: sunny, partially sunny, cloudy, rainy, storm, with an accuracy of 70-75%.
- Two alarms.
- Large LCD display simultaneouslytime, date, inside and outside temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, day of the week (in 7 different languages: German, English, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, Danish).
- Touch button on top of the main unit.
-Radio controlled clock
- Internal / external temperature: 0 ° C to +50 ° C; -20 ° C to +60 ° C
- Temperature measurement accuracy: ± 1 ° C (0 to 40 ° C), otherwise ± 2 ° C
Wireless Sensor: 433 MHz Transmit Frequency
- Remote sensor range: up to 50 m in open area
-Number of sensors that can be applied: Max. 3
-Internal / external humidity: 20-95% relative humidity-
- Humidity measurement accuracy: ± 5% (30-80% relative humidity), otherwise ± 8%
-Barometer. Pressure measurement range: 850hpa to 1050hpa
Main unit: 3? 1.5V AA batteries (not included)
Wireless sensor: 2? 1.5 V AAA batteries (not included)
Dimensions and weight without batteries:
Main stations: 148? 110? 30 mm, 242 g
Wireless sensor: 60? one hundred ? 20 mm, 50 g
1. The main unit is intended for indoor use only.
2. Batteries are not suitable for power.
3. The wireless sensor can be mounted on the wall or put on the table, but the main unit must be placed on the desktop.
4. Only one sensor is included.
11/14.In 2016, the seller sent the parcel, gave a normal track. The parcel to Russia was apparently carried on foot, because information on the track from November 15 (the parcel left the Chinese sorting center) and until 01/09/2017 (the parcel arrived at Russian customs). Arrived at the post office in St. Petersburg 01/16/2017.
The weather station came in an OEM box, in good air packaging and packed in two plastic bags. As a result, nothing was hurt and crumpled.
In the box were:
- wireless sensor,
- main unit wrapped in bubble wraps
- instructions in 4 languages (no Russian).
The wireless sensor has:
indicator showing temperature and humidity, LED (blinks every 30 seconds), two buttons (1 choice of channel number -1,2,3; the second - temperature display (F / C):
in the lower part there are holes necessary for the operation of the sensors:
photo of the insides of the sensor:
the board on the other hand was not photographed, there is a gag and a dozen SMD resistors and capacitors, the board with the screen is connected through a conductive rubber band.
The instructions say that the sensor must be placed on the street in such a way as to prevent precipitation from falling on it (the housing is not sealed).
Main unit (for premises):
Horizontal viewing angles of ± 45 degrees,vertically: down - 30, up - 50 degrees, when you turn on the backlight, the screen is well read. The backlight is not very uniform (it’s understandable that it will not work to provide two LEDs, and there’s no such need).
Above is a touch button designed to turn on the backlight for 5 seconds and turn off alarms, the touch button is clear.
Photos of entrails:
DFF77 signal receiver board (more on that later):
touch button board:
Wireless Sensor Receiver Board:
the main board, the board with the screen is connected through conductive rubber:
Who needs it, I post the photo of the instruction in English:
Build quality is good, it will not hold anything together, it will not play.
I inserted the batteries, the screen displays:
in the upper part:
- weather forecast in the form of an animated icon (sunny, clear, cloudy, light precipitation, heavy precipitation). The accuracy of determining the weather is declared by the manufacturer 70-75%;
- current pressure (displayed in hPa or inHg, unfortunately we are not used to in the “mm. Mercury column”).
- An animated pressure chart for the last 12 hours;
- arrow of the dynamics of pressure change (decrease, increase, no change);
- the clock (0,2,4,6 ... 12) is displayed in the box when viewing the pressure history.
in the middle part:
- temperature and humidity of the remote and main units, arrows also show the dynamics of changes in readings (decrease, increase, no change);
- Smile - shows comfort indoors by humidity and temperature;
- snowflake - indicates a decrease in indoor temperature below +4 C;
- two indicators of discharge of batteries of the remote sensor and the main unit.
in the lower part:
- date, month, moon phase, day of the week, week number;
- indicators for activating alarms and synchronization with the exact time system.
By setting the GPS height of my location abovesea level +80 meters (for an accurate indication of pressure), time and date, I decided to check the accuracy of the sensors. Since I don’t have any thermometers-barometers at home, I will compare the accuracy with a wristwatch that was calibrated at one time (if someone is interested in them, I will write a review for them separately), Internet data, and information from the local TV channel and a temperature sensor in the car.
After about 10 minutes, the time at the station went astrayfor 2 hours. As it turned out, the clock was synchronized with the DCF77 exact time system, as evidenced by the “antenna” stash over seconds, and to compensate for this in the time settings, it is necessary to set + 2 hours. Read about this system here: https: //ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCF77.
After about 30 minutes of being in the room, the temperature and humidity readings of the wireless sensor and the main unit were equal, i.e. sensors are configured the same way:
I checked the readings of the temperature sensors of the remote and main units, comparing the readings with the wristwatch sensor and the information displayed on the local television channel.
comparing the temperature in the street with the information displayed on the TV channel:
comparing the temperature on the street with the clock (lay 1 hour next to the outdoor unit on the street):
The temperature at this time did not fall below -6 C, so it did not work to check what the sensor will show at minus -20-30 C.
Then I checked the readings of the pressure sensor, comparing the readings with the wristwatch sensor and the information displayed on the local television channel:
Comparison with the information displayed on the TV channel:
1 hectopascal [hPa] = 0.750063755419211 millimeter of mercury (0 ° C), i.e. 757 mmHg = 1010 hPa.
I do not show photos of readings from the Internet and the temperature sensor of the car, but they are almost the same as the readings of the weather station.
For the accumulation of initial information and the correct display of the weather forecast, the weather station must work in the same place for 12 hours.
Comparing readings over the course of a week, I came toI conclude that the readings of the pressure and temperature sensors of the weather station are quite accurate (discrepancy ± 1 unit). The weather forecast is quite reliable, precipitation predicted accurately.
Up to 3 remote sensors can be connected to the main unit, it displays data from them sequentially for 5 seconds or only any one of your choice.
On the main unit, you can set two alarms,their inclusion is displayed by icons in the form of a “bell with numbers 1 and 2” located above the seconds. The signal is not quiet and not too loud, with a pleasant rising sound. Set alarm modes on different days is not provided. The alarm is turned off by pressing the touch button located on top of the main unit.
It is also possible to view the minimum and maximum readings of temperature, humidity (for the period from the point of reset) and pressure data (with an interval of 2 hours) for the last 12 hours.
I did not check the declared range of 50 meters of the wireless sensor, but it works in a 2-room apartment through 2 main walls at a total distance of 10 meters from the main unit.
Plus weather station:
- high-quality assembly;
- nice design;
- accurate readings;
- a fairly reliable weather forecast;
- hours, alarm clock;
- lower threshold for measuring the temperature of the remote sensor (I would like to -30 C);
- the lack of pressure readings in the usual mm in Russia. mercury column.
I will add. Today in the morning the station showed that there would be precipitation, after lunch it snowed. Once again I was convinced that for the next 8-12 hours the forecast predicts
I was pleased with the choice of a weather station.
Thanks for reading. I will answer questions in the comments.