Please do not judge me severely and especially nor criticize much, since this is my first comparison. In my further comparisons (reviews), I will take all your criticism into account.
So here we go, I would like to tell you briefly about the Viecar 2.0 device (car diagnostic device).
The choice fell on this device, due to the fact thateveryone has already seen reviews about elm327 with bluetooth, wifi and usb. But I did not find a review about this device. And in this review I will compare the ELM327 mini and Viecar 2.0.
I made an order for this device, paying, II received it in the mail already after about 3 weeks, writing to our “respected Chinese” that my future purchases from him will depend on this order
Photos with device and ruler
Photo of the opened Viecar 2.0
As can be seen from the pictures:
- wireless data protocol - Bluetooth 2.0
- Supported OS: “Windows” and “Andryukha”
- Operating voltage: 9-16 V
- Working current: 25mA
- Operating temperature: - 40 to 85 degrees Celsius
- Working humidity: less than 60%
- Dimensions: 40mm * 26mm * 25mm
- Supported cars: OBD II protocol cars
2) Working protocols:
- ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4Kbaud);
- ISO 14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 Kbaud);
- ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 Kbaud);
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit ID, 500 Kbaud);
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (29bit ID, 500 Kbaud);
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit ID, 250 Kbaud);
- ISO 15765-4 CAN (29bit ID, 250 Kbaud);
By connecting it to the car (for testing)this device, a Chevrolet Lacetti car was used), did not notice anything unusual, the device is detected and communication is established with it, as on the well-known ELM327 mini. I forgot to mention that the device comes in a plastic box, there are no software disks in the kit, but the manufacturers created a native program for it, which can be downloaded for free from Google Play: Viecar
. The device also interacts well with other well-known programs designed for diagnostic devices for OBD.
I didn’t use the program created by Viecar, sohow a very small number of cars is supported (mainly by the fact that they are currently sold at car dealerships), and registration is necessary when using it. As a test, I used the famous program - Torque Pro (taken from the site - 4pda.ru
) With this program, the device also sees and reads everything, as with the ELM327 mini, but there are some differences:
- the program reads all Check Engine errors with Viecar 2.0 faster than ELM327 mini (Viecar 2.0 about 8-10 seconds, ELM327 mini about 25-30 seconds, depending on the presence of errors);
- also error clearing on Viecar 2.0 is faster than on ELM327 mini
- Changes inthe revolutions that you can see in the main interface of the Torque Pro program (everyone who used the ELM327 mini noticed that the ELM327 shows the revs a little late, on Viecar, these delays are not particularly noticeable).
I forgot to mention that with this device I read errors on our basins (Lada Granta and Kalina 2), everything is read perfectly and errors are deleted, without any problems there.
Output: When using this diagnostic device, no significant changes were detected. The only thing he reads some parameters of the car faster than his "old" predecessor ELM327 mini (all the conclusions I made according to the car I use - Chevrolet Lacetti 1.4). I can also note that the device comes in a transparent plastic case, there are 3 color options: black, white and blue. In general, if you still do not have a diagnostic device, then take it, because the price difference is not great, around 70-75 cents, and if there is an ELM327 mini, then I don’t see much point in changing the device.