Today's review will be a continuation of the aquarium theme - we will talk about a magnetic brush for cleaning aquariums, which I purchased on the expanses of Aliexpress.
The question of the need to clean the inner walls of the aquarium has both supporters and opponents. Some suggest usingexclusively special fish (for example, ancytrus) and snails, others - frequent replacement of water, others - the use of special means. As it’s not hard to guess, I belong to the latter category. Among the wide variety of cleaning devices, I settled on a magnetic brush, which, as it turned out, in our pet stores is much more expensive than in China. For this reason, the purchase was made on Aliexpress. There was no full track for the parcel, but here You can see its movement through the territory of China.
My brush came to me in a smallplastic bag. There was no packaging; instead, there was a small piece of bubble wrap. In live brush differs little from what can be seen on the seller’s page and looks like this:
It is made 99% of plastic and lookspretty enough. To reduce slipping in wet hands, on the “upper” part of the brush there is an insert made of blue plastic on which there are special bulges
The dimensions of the cleaning part are 7 x 3.5 centimeters. At first it may seem that this is not so much, but these dimensions are enough to quickly deal with cleaning the aquarium (ours is only 60 liters).
Cleaning is carried out using a speciala hard sponge that looks exactly like the part of Velcro that has hooks. A magnet is hidden behind the sponge, which is attracted to the second half of the brush. The base of the second half is covered with a soft cloth, so you can not worry about the appearance of scratches on the outside of the aquarium.
The ad states that this brush is suitable for aquariums with glass thicknesses up to 6 millimeters. We have 5 mm walls.
Through the glass, the halves are magnetizedstrong enough. Moreover, this force is well felt, so I can assume that this brush can be used on thicker glasses (thicker than 6 mm). Cleaning is quick, easy and simple. Most of all, I was worried that the half that was inside the aquarium would be leaky, but there were no excesses. Water does not get inside, so there is no need to worry about its premature failure.
To summarize, I want to dwell on the advantages and disadvantages of this type of brush (in my subjective opinion). The benefits include:
- the possibility of use in high aquariums. The height of the walls now does not matter, the hands will still be dry :);
- a small half floats, so if suddenly it “peels off” - it will pop up;
- ease of use, the desired result is obtained with minimal time;
- the plants do not cling and do not break out of the ground, as happens when cleaning the aquarium with a “stick”;
- Ideal for soft coating.
The disadvantages are as follows:
- before each cleaning, you need to be well and carefullyinspect the part that is in the water for pebbles, sand and other solid particles. If something gets in, then a scratch on the inner surface of the glass is guaranteed;
- it is impossible to clean the back wall (this is at least, depending on the installation, there may be difficulties with the side ones);
- it is inconvenient to use near the ground and where plants grow or decorations lie next to the glass;
- It is unlikely to be suitable for panoramic aquariums (those with convex glass), since the barrier between the halves should be flat.
With this brush, I’m cleaningquick and easy: it takes about 2-3 minutes to do everything (I try to clean the walls once a week, so as not to run). So at a modest cost, I managed to get a functional thing (while one half is cleaning inside, the second is polishing and cleaning outside
That’s probably all. Thank you for your attention and your time.